SUNTREE, FL – After more than 18 months of planning and administrative work, the Rotary Club of Suntree Foundation received a Rotary International Global Grant in the amount of $35,200. The proceeds of this grant were used to procure a container of medical equipment and supplies which was sent to a hospital in La Paz, Honduras. The container is valued at approximately $400,000.
The Rotary Club of Suntree teamed with Club Rotario Comayagua in Honduras and Project C.U.R.E. in Colorado to deliver the supplies to Hospital Dr. Roberto Suazo Cordova in La Paz, Honduras. Project C.U.R.E. is well known to Rotary International as one of the most capable organizations for this type of effort, having distributed medical supplies to more than 130 developing countries.
The Rotary Club of Suntree is part of Rotary International, a worldwide service organization with more than one million members in 35,000 clubs who do local and global service projects. The Suntree Club was established in 1985 and has completed many local and global service projects including:
- Suntree Rotary Park
- Pavilion at Suntree Elementary
- Renovations at Brevard Rescue Mission
- Suntree Location of Harbor City Ambulance
- Financial support for the Children’s Hunger Project
- Financial support for Promise of Brevard
- Renovations for Space Coast Center for Mother’s and Children
- Boys and Girls Club
- Financial Support of Operation LaPaz Honduras
- King’s Hospital Blantyre, Malawi, Africa
- Brevard Schools Foundation
- Scenic Byways
- Viera Regional Park Pavilion
For more information about this event or the Rotary Club of Suntree please call Keith Gee at 321-258-5154.